Associate Consultant (Houston, TX)
Build a Career with Peritia
Peritia is a boutique construction consulting firm helping clients plan, build, and protect construction projects. We provide leading construction expertise and project management services to help clients mitigate and manage uncertainty and disputes on complex construction projects. Working at Peritia means more than having a job; it means having a career in an entrepreneurial environment and working alongside professionals who share a commitment to purpose and passion. Peritia is currently seeking an Associate Consultant who will contribute to our culture of teamwork, drive, and mutual respect. At Peritia, you will work directly with a partner who will commit to spending the time and resources to train you so that you are set up for success, not just in this job, but for the rest of your career. We welcome your interest in becoming part of the Peritia team. We consider every new hire as an investment in the future of our firm. Become our next investment.
As an Associate Consultant at Peritia, you are expected to be meticulous, demonstrate attention to detail, and be committed to delivering high quality work products within the required time frames. Within the project controls realm, you will be required to consult with clients and visit job sites, collect and analyze data, perform cost estimates including scoping, quantification, costing, and pricing, perform schedule updates by inputting as-built data into Primavera P6 schedules, updating the schedules, analyzing changes to the longest path and near-longest paths, reviewing and/or modifying the forecast schedule and reporting the results. On the dispute resolution front, you will be required to review and analyze documents such as contracts, daily reports, change orders and RFIs, to identify relevant project issues and assist in resolving the claim.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Create, maintain, and analyze financial models and databases
- Review estimates and cost reports
- Develop project CPM schedules and prepare progress reports
- Prepare project status presentations and update reports
- Analyze complex commercial construction project schedules
- Review and analyze project cost control documents
- Compile detailed research, fact finding, and analysis
- Quantify damages
- Perform quality control review and proper documentation of work product
- Assist with the preparation of project deliverables
- Attend site inspections/jobsite visits as needed
Qualifications & Skills
- 1 – 5 years of experience
- Degree in Civil Engineering and/or Construction Management
- Analytical skills, creative problem solving, and written communication
- Cool under pressure of quick deadlines while juggling multiple projects
- Strong organizational skills, with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in cost estimating and/or scheduling
- Experience in both proactive and forensic claims
- Field experience preferred
- Located in Houston
Share our passion to advance construction?
Come work with us.
Peritia Partners LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.