Scheduler (Austin, TX)
Build a Career with Peritia
Peritia is a boutique construction consulting firm helping clients plan, build, and protect construction projects. We provide leading construction expertise and project management services to help clients mitigate and manage uncertainty and disputes on complex construction projects. Working at Peritia means more than having a job; it means having a career in an entrepreneurial environment and working alongside professionals who share a commitment to purpose and passion. Peritia is currently seeking a Scheduler in Austin, Texas who will contribute to our culture of teamwork, drive, and mutual respect. At Peritia, you will work directly with a partner who will commit to spending the time and resources to train you so that you are set up for success, not just in this job, but for the rest of your career. We welcome your interest in becoming part of the Peritia team. We consider every new hire as an investment in the future of our firm. Become our next investment.
As a Scheduler at Peritia, you are expected to be meticulous, demonstrate attention to detail, and be committed to delivering high quality work products within the required time frames. Within the project controls realm, you will be required to develop baseline schedules by reviewing phasing plans, perform schedule updates by inputting as-built data into schedules, update the schedules, analyze changes to the longest path and near-longest paths, review and/or modify the forecast schedule, and report the results. On the forensic front, you will be required to review and analyze documents such as contracts, schedules, daily reports, change orders, and RFIs to identify relevant project issues and assist in resolving the claim.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop baseline CPM schedules
- Assist clients with pull planning and collaborate with client project teams
- Perform schedule updates (in-person and virtual)
- Analyze longest and near-longest paths
- Review and/or modify forecast schedule logic
- Perform QA/QC on schedules and correct out-of-sequence logic
- Perform time impact analyses to track and monitor impacts
- Analyze and communicate schedule findings, forecasts, risks, and solutions
- Compile detailed research, fact finding, and analysis
- Perform forensic delay analysis using methodologies in AACE RP29R-03
Qualifications & Skills
- 1 – 8 years of experience
- Degree in Civil Engineering and/or Construction Management
- Analytical skills, creative problem solving, and written communication
- Cool under pressure of quick deadlines while juggling multiple projects
- Strong organizational skills, with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in CPM scheduling
- Experience in both proactive and forensic claims
- Experience in multi-family, commercial, hospitality, and healthcare projects
- Experience with MS Project, Primavera P6, and Oracle Cloud preferred
- PSP or other scheduler certifications preferred
- Candidates for Austin preferred
- Be willing to travel to client sites
Share our passion to advance construction?
Come work with us.
Peritia Partners LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.