Construction Management Consultant
Build a Career with Peritia
Peritia is a boutique construction consulting firm helping clients plan, build, and protect construction projects. We provide leading construction expertise and project management services to help clients mitigate and manage uncertainty and disputes on complex construction projects. Working at Peritia means more than having a job; it means having a career in an entrepreneurial environment and working alongside professionals who share a commitment to purpose and passion. Peritia is currently seeking Construction Management Consultants who will contribute to our culture of teamwork, drive, and mutual respect. At Peritia, you will work directly with a partner who will commit to spending the time and resources to train you so that you are set up for success, not just in this job, but for the rest of your career. We welcome your interest in becoming part of the Peritia team. We consider every new hire as an investment in the future of our firm. Become our next investment.
As a Construction Management Consultant at Peritia, you are expected to be meticulous, demonstrate attention to detail, and be committed to delivering high quality work products within the required time frames. Within the program management team, you will be required to perform the contract management and associated change management functions with an expectation to coordinate between the project estimators and schedulers, as well as with the in-house general counsel and executive program management team. With the program managers and project controls team, you will be required to identify and analyze changes. With the program managers and the in-house general counsel, you will ensure change requests are based on solid contract procedures and principles. In the event of claims, you will be required to provide contractual position statements with entitlement arguments based on a solid understanding of the underlying issues / facts to assist in resolving the claim.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Review prime contracts and subcontracts
- Review project CPM schedules and assist with progress reports
- Compile detailed research, fact finding, and issue analysis
- Assist with the preparation of time impact analyses
- Review and analyze project cost control documents to quantify damages
- Analyze complex technical issues that have an impact on costs and schedules
- Perform quality control review and proper documentation of work product
Qualifications & Skills
- 10 years of experience minimum
- Degree in Civil Engineering and/or Construction Management
- Experience in contract management
- Experience in project controls (cost estimating and CPM scheduling)
- Experience with MS Project, Primavera P6, and RS Means
- Analytical skills, creative problem solving, and written communication
- Cool under pressure of quick deadlines while juggling multiple tasks
- Strong organizational skills, with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Located in Miami (or willing to relocate)
Share our passion to advance construction?
Come work with us.
Peritia Partners LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.